Sunday, September 28, 2008

Summer....

I wish I had tons of pics to put on here but I guess I wasnt real good at taking them this summer. We spent quite a bit of time at Big Surf Waterpark again...probably twice a week.
We also did some boating with my parents. They bought a wave runner this summer and that has been alot of fun too. Eric likes to take the boys out on it and be silly. Taylor thinks it is a little too fast and she is happier to just play on the shore and look for shells.
We had a lot of company over the summer....Grandpa Ronnie and Grandma Barbie came to visit twice and that is always a lot of fun. We also had my Aunt Margaret visit from Kentucky for a week although it wasnt a great reason (my uncle....my dads brother...had passed away) but it still was a lot of fun visiting with her and just hanging out.
While my aunt was visiting we had a baby deer get stuck in our chicken yard that we ended up having to catch....that is not easy if you have ever tried. We finally got her caught and put in the coop for the night and then the next day my mom had to come pick me up and help me take it down to the vet so my friend could take it (she does rescues). It is quite the experience to sit in the front seat of a car holding a deer and hoping it doesnt freak out...they have very strong legs!! It ended up doing great and being turned loose again.
I have a pic of the deer but its on my phone....oh well.
Hope you all had a great summer...ours was fun and relaxing.
The kids started school on August 16th...a little early this year. Taylor is in 4th and the boys are in 2nd. It is going well although it was a tough transition. The boys would come home saying "is every day going to be that long?!"

No comments: